What a treat it is when we actually get to put our feet up (or down on the dance floor) and be one of the attendees at a fabulous soiree. We did just that at our friend Christian Oth‘s annual holiday party this past December. As expected from “ONE OF THE TOP TEN BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS IN THE WORLD” – AMERICAN PHOTO – the photo booth was anything but ordinary. Here are a couple of photos from the event of our very own Marcey Brownstein with good friends and colleagues Ellen Kostman of Side Kick Events and Manu Kingston of Revolve Furniture. We’re so lucky to be friends with such creative people and had a blast spending some quality time and cocktails with them.
We absolutely love Sarah True and True Events, so when she came to us for her sister Ruth’s wedding at one of our favorite venues we could not have been more ecstatic! Then we learned that we were covered in Style Me Pretty for the spectacular wedding and are even happier. Congratulations Ruth and Joe and thank you for letting us be a part of your gorgeous day at Bedell Cellars!
Below is a taste of the gorgeous wedding. View the full gallery at SMP or click here.
I had the pleasure of hosting some great women at my home and farmden in upstate New York recently. The wonderful photographer (and friend of mine) Amber Gress recently covered it on her blog and it was so lovely and I just think it is so gorgeous that I smile every time I look at it.
via Amber Gress Photography Blog:
As I mentioned in one of my last posts, I’m working on my online persona, and how I would like to better blend it with my actual living identity, which is part of why I am posting about more aspects than just weddings, or photography for that matter. Part of why I chose photography as my path, is because it gives me access. It gives me access to many worlds, many lives, and many stories. I love life, I love people, I love telling stories. I want to share stories about the places I’ve been, the people I meet, and the magic that ensues. I am very blessed to know people from all walks, and to be invited into an array of different worlds. Some of the things I love are gatherings, cooking, and good conversation with amazing women who are doing amazing things. This lunch really encompassed so much of that, and I feel so blessed to have been a part of such a lovely day with some truly lovely and talented people. The roster ranged from jewelry designer, chef, acupuncturist, event planner, to amazing self made entrepreneur. I want to thank our lovely hostess Marcey of Marcey Brownstein Catering for bringing us all together, and opening her lovely home to us in upstate NY! Please check out the links below to see the roster of lovely ladies who attended, and are doing amazing things for a little inspiration!
- Marcey Brownstein-Hostess and owner of Marcey Brownstein Catering & Events http://marceybrownstein.com
- Susan Caissey Caruso Owner of SCC Events-Event Planner in NYC, Tristate Area and Boston http://www.sccevents.com /
- Robin Chess Director of Cooking in the School, Phoenicia, NY / Kate Edmonds, Event Planner, NYC http://www.kateedmondsevents.com/
- Dana Eudy, Owner of Field Apothecary and Herb Farm http://fieldapothecary.com/
- Rebecca Ffrench Writer of Food, Entertainment, Travel and Kids interest stories and Cookbook Author of Sweet Home http://www.rebeccamillerffrench.com
- Karen Galland Fashion Industry Executive and amazing home cook / Ashley Jurgenson Owner of Top of the Garden Event Spacehttp://www.totg.biz/
- Chorthip Lagnese, Jewelry Designer and Thai Cook http://www.chorthip.com/
- Beth Riesman, Painter, Brooklyn and Margaretville, NY http://www.bethreisman.com/
- Julia Rose, Acupuncture and Healing Arts, Phoenicia, NY http://www.phoeniciahealingarts.com/
- Rebecca Shim Chef, Formerly of Menla Mountain Resort in Phoenicia, NY
- Henrietta Weekes, Owner of Henrietta Flower and Manager of The Barn on the Pond in Saugerties, NY http://henriettaflower.com