How interesting to see a wedding come together from start to finish in just 11 minutes! Check out this timelapsed video from the talented Gulshan Kirat and watch as the Marcey Brownstein Catering & Events team & The Foundry staff set up the unique event space and execute a fabulous wedding! From set-up to break-down and everything in between (the ceremony & reception!) it is quite a ride! Ashley & Andrews’ gorgeous wedding was also featured on Style Me Pretty, you can check out the photos here.
Catering // Marcey Brownstein Catering & Events
Photography // Brian Hatton
Flowers // Flowers By Emil
Venue // The Foundry (Long Island City)
Wedding Planning // Exquisite Affairs Productions (Christine Viola & Tara Geremia)
We had the pleasure of catering Lisa & Sam’s wedding at Bedell Cellars on the North Fork of Long Island. Style Me Pretty featured the wedding’s stunning photography from Doug McGoldrick and the video below from Love in Progress. Check out some of the amazing photos here.
We love this video of Jessica & Despina’s wedding day from SharaNikoPhoto. We think it really captures the spirit of the day. We had a wonderful time working with Jessica & Despina on the cuisine for their big day and what a day it turned out to be! The wedding took place at the gorgeous The Green Building in Brooklyn and look at the amazing florals from Deryck de Matas Designs. And a special shout out to the wonderful event planner Susan Caissy Caruso of Susan Caissy Caruso Special Events who put it all together! The icing on the cake: This fabulous wedding was just featured in The Knot Magazine’s Spring/Summer 2014 issue, check it our here!
I had the pleasure of hosting some great women at my home and farmden in upstate New York recently. The wonderful photographer (and friend of mine) Amber Gress recently covered it on her blog and it was so lovely and I just think it is so gorgeous that I smile every time I look at it.
via Amber Gress Photography Blog:
As I mentioned in one of my last posts, I’m working on my online persona, and how I would like to better blend it with my actual living identity, which is part of why I am posting about more aspects than just weddings, or photography for that matter. Part of why I chose photography as my path, is because it gives me access. It gives me access to many worlds, many lives, and many stories. I love life, I love people, I love telling stories. I want to share stories about the places I’ve been, the people I meet, and the magic that ensues. I am very blessed to know people from all walks, and to be invited into an array of different worlds. Some of the things I love are gatherings, cooking, and good conversation with amazing women who are doing amazing things. This lunch really encompassed so much of that, and I feel so blessed to have been a part of such a lovely day with some truly lovely and talented people. The roster ranged from jewelry designer, chef, acupuncturist, event planner, to amazing self made entrepreneur. I want to thank our lovely hostess Marcey of Marcey Brownstein Catering for bringing us all together, and opening her lovely home to us in upstate NY! Please check out the links below to see the roster of lovely ladies who attended, and are doing amazing things for a little inspiration!
- Marcey Brownstein-Hostess and owner of Marcey Brownstein Catering & Events http://marceybrownstein.com
- Susan Caissey Caruso Owner of SCC Events-Event Planner in NYC, Tristate Area and Boston http://www.sccevents.com /
- Robin Chess Director of Cooking in the School, Phoenicia, NY / Kate Edmonds, Event Planner, NYC http://www.kateedmondsevents.com/
- Dana Eudy, Owner of Field Apothecary and Herb Farm http://fieldapothecary.com/
- Rebecca Ffrench Writer of Food, Entertainment, Travel and Kids interest stories and Cookbook Author of Sweet Home http://www.rebeccamillerffrench.com
- Karen Galland Fashion Industry Executive and amazing home cook / Ashley Jurgenson Owner of Top of the Garden Event Spacehttp://www.totg.biz/
- Chorthip Lagnese, Jewelry Designer and Thai Cook http://www.chorthip.com/
- Beth Riesman, Painter, Brooklyn and Margaretville, NY http://www.bethreisman.com/
- Julia Rose, Acupuncture and Healing Arts, Phoenicia, NY http://www.phoeniciahealingarts.com/
- Rebecca Shim Chef, Formerly of Menla Mountain Resort in Phoenicia, NY
- Henrietta Weekes, Owner of Henrietta Flower and Manager of The Barn on the Pond in Saugerties, NY http://henriettaflower.com
We like modern approaches to traditional wedding elements. A stodgy carving station is transformed into a fun and whimsical mini plate of lollipop lamb chops, lemon and sweet pea risotto with asparagus pesto served at The Harold Pratt House and Peterson Hall. Thank you to Belathee Photography for the beautiful food shots!
We were so excited to learn of these plant-based compostable tumblers from a local Brooklyn party supply company Susty Party. We used them for an event for LeGaL: The LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York last week and everyone couldn’t be more excited. We constantly strive to be seasonal, local and environmentally conscious.
We were featured in BizBash‘s Summer 2013 issue. When asked to create alternatives to traditional poultry entrees, our chefs crafted a ballotine of chicken and turkey milanese.
Our new favorite summer hors d’oeuvres – tuna pave of black pepper-crusted tuna, Persian cucumber, tuna tartare, and microgreens. As beautiful as it is delicious!